Monday, April 24, 2006

 

To Kiss or Not To Kiss

A friend told me tonight that he and his girlfriend are waiting till marriage to kiss. Another friend lent me a book once and it was written by a guy that did the same thing. Before I read that book I would have never considered waiting till marriage to kiss, wait for sex definitaly, but kiss, why? The book did challenge me though. It talked about how special it made a kiss and what a big deal it made it. That is major staying away from the line and not toeing it. Another friend talked about he and his wife stopped kissing when they got engaged. And then some people think it's ok to kiss, but not french kiss. It's definitely a line that couples have to decide on together. My problem is that shouldn't you have in your head where your line is so that you don't do anything you will regret when you start dating? I guess saying no kissing at all till marriage would keep you from going too far, I guess I just don't entirely like that idea. But come to think of it you wouldn't have to worry about where the line is at all, it is in your face. If you don't kiss it is hard to get carried away.
It is amazing how my view of things has changed the more I get to know God. A few years ago I wouldn't have even considered not kissing before marriage and now I might even do it. I have kissed before, but know I've changed and I have so much more desired to save even kissing for my husband. I try to think of it as what would I want my husband to have done with another woman, and then I realize how important it is to wait for the littlest of things.
So God when do you have it planned to send me the guy you have planned for me? Sometime soon would be nice. :)

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?