Wednesday, May 10, 2006

 

I think I don't care anymore

I'm at the point where I don't care if I get into grad school or not. It would be nice to know, then I can make some plans, but I'm so blah about it now.
I dropped my resume off at the library today, hopefully something will come of it. I like the library, I love to read, it would be a nice place to work. I enjoyed being at the library the three summers I worked there with the kids.
Work was ok tonight, long and tiring trying to get kids to do their work. I liked how one of the teachers put it tonight. Think of three people constantly asking you questions for 3 or 4 hours straight. Exhausting. I asked her if the classroom ever got as crazy as it gets at Sylvan and she said it didn't. Sylvan isn't a bad job, just tiring. I enjoy the kids, but I don't love it enough to actually stay there. I would love to get to know the kids when I didn't have to consantly be trying to motivate them to focus and get a decent amount of work done.
I was in a mood yesterday and this morning, feeling sorry for myself, just being silly. Things are a bit better now. It helps that I've actually applied at the library. Sometimes it feels like I'm not doing anything with my life. Not accomplishing anything.
At this point, getting a job at the library, a place where I enjoy being, and spending my time with famiy and friends, and volunteering at church and where ever I can, and then eventually tutoring again sounds pretty good. It would be cool to volunteer at Canadian Blood Services too.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?