Saturday, May 13, 2006

 

Very Long Day

Today my family cleaned out our garage as a suprise present for my dad. He had to help but it was a suprise that we were doing it today and that we were going to help him. It is a father's day/birthday present.
It took us from 11 am till 10 pm to do it, including breaks for lunch and dinner. So it works out to about 9.5 hours of work. We were able to empty most of it, paint most of it, and then put things back in a starting to be organized way. It still needs to be a lot more organized. There is also a huge pile of garbage on our driveway now. We were going to put the garbage in our little trailer but a dove had nested on it, so we couldn't put it back together to use it. My dad tried to take the bird and nest off, but it when he tried the bird flew away and it turned out it had a two babies in it. He had to leave it there so the mom would come back to the nest and it did like 10 min later. I think he may try and move it again tomorrow.
My brother-in-law Mike was teasing me as usual and said something about not doing any work today, but then he said that I had done a lot of work he was impressed how much work I did. It was so awesome that he said that. It really meant a lot to me. I'm glad he's part of our family. He is always joking and acting all tough, but the more you get to know him you realize that he is such a softy and would do anything for you.
Tomorrow my family is going to Red Lobster for Mother's Day. It is my sister's first year as a mom and she said that she wanted to go there. It should be fun. I really do enjoy spending time with my family. Like today, it was a lot of work, but I still enjoyed being able to spend the whole day with my family.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?