Saturday, July 08, 2006

 

His Suffering

I had a really hard week dealing with something. I was really upset about something that is going to happen. I don't know if I've ever felt so much sorrow. I've been learning to speak what God wants me to speak, and then leave things in his hands. Trying to understand it all I came across this verse:

Romans 8:17
And since we are his children, we will share his treasures - for everything God gives to his Son, Christ, is ours, too. Butif we are to share in his glory, we must also share his suffering.


This made me think about the sorrow I'm feeling is just a taste of how God feels about the situation.

As I was writing this blog I noticed that the verse before was:

Romans 8:16
For His Holy Spirit speaks to us deep in our hearts and tells us that we are God's children.


I just experienced that today. Really cool, really really cool.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?