Thursday, July 27, 2006

 

Jobs...

This is sort of how I've been feeling.
If job searching is daunting, finding a career is just about the scariest thing ever. We begin asking ourselves the obvious: What do I like to do? I like to help people. Okay that's good, now what kind of job helps people? Oh, every job? Well how about my passions? What am I passionate about? I like God a lot. Will my passion be applied at X company? If I am interested in a career that happens to pay really well, does that make me greedy? Maybe I should just move to another country and help people and minister and be poor.

I often feel overwhelmed by these and many other kinds of questions regarding choosing "the right job." And there is a very good explanation for why I, and many other recent college grads, stir over such provoking questions. We are afraid. Afraid of making the wrong decision, of being disappointed and discovering our new found career is not what we hoped it would be.

Comments:
Amen!!
And in the words of Ms. Frizzle:
"Take chances, make mistakes, get messy!"

God doesn't ask us to be SURE, just TRUSTING.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?