Tuesday, August 01, 2006

 

Friendship, Fear and the Love of God

Tonight has been a night of learning. Learning about my fears and learning to trust. God has blessed me with some awesome friends and I'm learning to trust him and them.
It is a beautiful thing the love of God, a sweet still voice that carries all the strengt I could ever need. Now if only I can remember to turn to him for that strength, and not worry when I don't have the strength to do it on my own. I'm not supposed to do it on my own.
Ok God, trust you, lean on you, don't worry. Yikes I'm going to need your help with this one. Be me. Just be the person that God created me to be. Scary. But somehow fun.

Comments:
It is so good to see you searching and really striving to be the person that God has created you to be. Here is something to think about that might help, you know how much you love how you feel when you are in totally connecting with God, and you feel like the true you.....how do you think God feels when you are usuing what you have to your full potential.
So when you are listen and full attention on God just imagine you Heavenly Father with such a pride filled smile on His face becuase He loves YOU for who you are!
 
I am struggling to fully trust people in my life right now,too. I have recently been betrayed in some ways by my pastors and other leaders, and I want so badly to move on that I am looking around at other churches because I want to trust the people I surround myself with. I think trust has to be earned, but so often I am willing to throw caution to the wind and trust with all my heart in other people. I am learning to be more discerning, but to also love people regardless of whether or not I trust them with my spiritual life. I think it is good that you are surrounded by supportive people. Never take that for granted.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?