Saturday, August 12, 2006

 

My deepest prayer is to know you

I thought about the most spectacular thing in my life, God, and wondered if I treated him like a mere monk. Has He grown ordinary to me? Or is He that almost mythical God of the Old Testament that did all those interesting miracles? I can’t handle a common god. I need the One who still does miracles in my life. I don’t want to settle for less. I don’t care how foolish I sound; I want the jaw-dropping life.

Another relavant magazine quote. So basically this one, I want to say about this on is I WANT THAT TOO. I want to know the awe inspiring creater of the universe, miracle worker, not just what I can understand and fit in the box in my head.

Comments:
Wendy, I hadn't read your blog in a couple of day, but when I opened the e-mail in my inbox today, I felt like I should send it to you.

"Keep on asking, and you will be given what you ask for. Keep on looking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened."

Matthew 7:7 (New Living Translation)

Well, there it is. It struck me quite significantly. I guess I'd always figured that our constant begging for relationships, good jobs, good grades, and the many other things we ask for constantly would just be sort of repetetive to God. But he asks us to keep asking. A little strange - makes me think there's something about prayer I still don't understand (probably a good thing).

Anyway, I thought I'd send that along. May your day today be Spirit filled and I will continue to ask that God make him self more real to you each day. You will be blessed, he has promised - and he's good for every blessing.
 
i was going to post about this article, but you beat me to it. :) i've been studying a lot about risk and it caught my attention too. the fun part of me has been trying to figure out ways to practically apply it.
 
I read your post on risk just as I was feeling like I didn't want to bother with trying anymore it reminded me that it is worth it.
Maybe we can share some of the stuff we're learning with each other.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?