Monday, August 28, 2006

 

Simon Peter

The other day I was reading in Matthew about how Jesus called Peter to be one of his disciples. He was a fisherman, and Jesus said to come follow him and he would teach him to be a fisher of men.
Today I read in John about how Jesus had asked Peter three times if he loved him, and even though the first two time Jesus asks Peter if he agape's him Peter only responds with that he phileo's him. The last time Jesus asks Peter if he phileos him. Agape is unconditional love, phileo is a friendship/brotherly love. Earlier on in John it talks about how Peter denied Jesus three times when asked if he knew Jesus.
I was thinking that this really sucked, but then I read the profile on Peter in my bible and it said that even though Peter failed, God had big plans for Peter and used him to do great things. Basically that God uses imperfect people for his plans. In Acts it talks about Peter preaching just after he recieved the Holy Spirit and three thousand people being saved. Wow.
It is cool to think that even though I fail, God can still use me.

Comments:
It is a good feeling eh? And wendy with an attitude like that you can and will go fare! Keep serching for what you looking for! You'll find it I know you will.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?