Monday, September 04, 2006

 

My own personal outhouse

Camping was awesome, even though I was sick the whole time. I did gradually get better throughout the whole weekend though.
The first night I didn't really sleep, I slept maybe 2.5 hours straight, the rest of the time I was in and out. The second night I slept for 8 hours and only woke up a couple of times but went right back to sleep. The third night I went to bed at 2:30 and fell asleep at 3 but I slept straight through till after 7 and went back to sleep until after 8. Sat morning I had an awesome nap in the hammock in my sleeping bag.
I love my new sleeping back, it is so nice and cozy. My new thermarest was really good. I slid a bit, especially since our tent was on a hill, ok so maybe not a full out hill, but definitely an incline.
I didn't shower all weekend, so when I got home the first thing I did was shower. I washed my hair twice, just because I wanted it to be really clean.
I think the best thing about the weekend was just spending time with everyone. Talking, hanging around the camp fire, singing, playing cards, huddling in blankets in the middle of the night and talking. Really good. I beat Peter and Paul at Rummy. :)
It rained all day Saturday but Christy had brought tarps so we stayed pretty dry. Matt had so many ropes tied to trees to hang them up. He even put a tent fly over the hammock so it stayed dry too. Very good. It was pretty funny when we got wet a couple of times when the water came off the tarps. We kept having to stand on the picnic table and push the water off the tarps from underneath.
Most of the weekend I had on 5 tops and 2 pairs of pants. It was cold, but atleast I had enough cloths.
I got to know the outhouse pretty well, I had to be so often because I had to drink so much water for my cold. Our site had our own outhouse, and since most other people avoided it because of the smell (I could barely smell anything, so I didn't care), I never had to wait to use it. :)
It was fun watching Niki learn to use the coleman stove. She did the cooking this weekend and did a very good job. By the end of the weekend she had figured out how to light the stove without help and knew how to refill the gas. Two things I have never done.
Overall it was a very good weekend, I'm really glad I was able to go.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?