Thursday, November 16, 2006

 

Goodbye Sylvan

I gave my two weeks notice at Sylvan last Wednesday. I'm excited about it. I am going to miss some of my favourite kids though. One of them had his last night, last night though, so atleast I got to be there for that. My other favourite, who also is really hard to teach, but we have a connection, I told last night that next Weds will be my last night. He's disappointed, he hasn't had any of the other teachers since Aug. Our connection is that he has a nephew, so we talk about our 'kids'. He talks about his nephew, and I talk about my nieces. :) And my new nephew, who's due on my student's birthday. Maybe, we're not 100% sure of the due date.
So ya, I've given my notice, I have one Sat left, and one Weds. I told them Sat would be my last day on my notice, but they asked me to stay for another week because they don't have enough teachers that teach higher up math. I usually don't get beyond grade 7 or 8 math at Sylvan, which isn't very high to me, I tutor someone doing 1st year stats at mac, but to some of the other teachers it is. Now if you asked me to teach writing, well then, that would not be good. I'm definitely a math teacher.
So ya, I worked at Sylvan for a little over two years. I learned to teach reading there, so that was cool. And I learned a bunch about teaching math to elementary kids and using manipulatives to teach it. So I did learn a lot there.

Comments:
Wendy that a big step, that awsome! I know that at times you have love and been really frustarted with it. But you've learn and grown there and now you are moving on to bigger and better things for you! Thats got to be exciting!

It's good to hear that things seem to be working out really well and to new levels for you!

HUGS

LA
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?